Terms & Conditions
This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
www.askjolt.com and www.marinehelpdesk.org(hereinafter referred to as “Website”) is a web content and e-commerce portal licensed by Jolt Online Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Company”/”Us”/”We”/”Our”).
"You"/”Your”/"User" shall mean any natural or legal person who is the end user accessing the Website, its contents and using the Services offered through the Website, who has agreed to become a buyer on the Website by providing Registration Data while registering on the Website as Registered User using the computer systems.
The term “Product” used herein shall mean and include the Services, Actions, Processes, Articles in relation to the context of this Terms and Conditions.
The advertising of products on our website tantamount only an “INVITATION TO OFFER” for sale. The Company may accept or reject Your offer in its sole discretion which cannot be contested by You. Once the order is submitted it is your express intention to purchase the Product and the same may not be cancelled except as provided hereunder.
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
• You understand that You are authorized to access and use the services only for legal and lawful purposes;
• Not to Interfere with or disrupt the askjolt.com Website or our computer systems, servers, or networks;
• Not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of the Website, to accounts that belong to other users, or to computer systems or network connected to the Website;
• Engage in any systematic extraction of data or data fields, including, without limitation, email addresses, by use of any automated mechanism, such web robots, crawlers, or spiders (except in strict conformance with the Robots Exclusion Protocol) or otherwise;
• Collect information about others without their consent;
• Interfere with the use of our Website by any other individual or party;
• Impersonate any person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity or post material under secondary user names or other aliases; or
• Share any username and/ or password You have on our Website with any other persons;
• Without limiting any of Company’s other rights or remedies, a violation of any of the above may result in the removal of any content You have transmitted or posted, revocation of any accounts You have with Company or in affiliated Websites, and/or a ban from creating new accounts;
• Although Company cannot monitor all of the listings and content posted to our Website, We reserve the right (but assume no obligation) to delete, move, condense or edit any ads, ratings, reviews, content, or other posting that come to our attention that We consider unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons. We retain the right to deny access to anyone who We believe has violated these terms or any other terms of this Terms & Conditions. We will not, in the ordinary course of the business, review the content of private electronic messages that are not addressed to us. However, We may occasionally monitor such communications as We believe is appropriate to comply with applicable laws, respond to legal process or a law enforcement request, to enforce this Terms & Conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of visitors to our Website, our advertisers, the public, us or our affiliates. Notwithstanding the foregoing, askjolt.com takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted to our Website by You or by the third parties;
• In addition to all other remedies available under law and equity and as detailed under this Agreement, the Company reserves the right to recover the cost of Product/s, collection charges, attorney’s charges etc., from a User using the Website/s fraudulently. Further, the Company reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings against such persons for fraudulent use of the Website/s and any other unlawful acts or acts or omissions in breach of these terms and conditions
As a user, you understand and accept that upon initiating a Transaction on Website, you are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the seller to purchase the items or avail the service from the seller or Service Provider using either Payment through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, PayU and Cash On Delivery as the method of payment to pay the Price. You agree and acknowledge that the Company is only a facilitator of collection and remittance of Price. No interest or any benefits whatsoever is given to or can be claimed by the User on the Price charged by the Company. The Company reserves the right to limit the amount payable for the transactions through a single valid card / valid bank account by a User and also reserves the rights to refuse the transaction/s that are suspected to be carried out maliciously.
To prevent any misuse, a payment (in whichever method) of the Price initiated by the Buyer may be flagged or kept on hold for additional checks and verification in which case the Company may contact the buyer for verification of or additional information, details, data, and documents. The Company may not confirm the payment if such information, details, data, and documents are false, misleading, incorrect or incomplete and consequently, the Valid Card and/or the Valid Bank Account will not be charged. In such case, the Dispatch timelines will not commence until Payment Confirmation. The result of the checks and verification shall be communicated to the User.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event of any change or cancellation of an order, we will notify you through e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
The User may opt to pay the Transaction Price through the available modes of payment available:
• Payment through IMPS
• Credit/Debit card
• Net Banking
• Payment through mobile wallets
The website will not be liable for any credit card fraud. The liability for use of a card fraudulently will be on the User and the onus to 'prove otherwise' shall be exclusively on the User.
Price paid and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations and payment facility is merely used by the User to facilitate the completion of the Transaction. Use of the payment facility shall not render us liable or responsible for the non-delivery, non-receipt, non-payment, damage, breach of representations and warranties, non-provision of after sales or warranty services or fraud as regards the products and /or services listed on our Website.
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time. We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Prices displayed on this website are quoted in Indian Rupee and are valid only in the Territory of Indian Republic. All prices are exclusive of any tax that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities.
The Company will use its best efforts to ensure that the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated on the Website. The Company does not make any representation that the prices quoted on the Website will match the offers provided by stores.
In the event of any inadvertent mistake by the Company in quoting the price, the Company will notify You of the error before Your payment is processed. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel Your Order.
Prices displayed on this website are quoted in Indian Rupee and are valid only in the Territory of Indian Republic.
Users Reviews and Comments
You shall not communicate with other Users outside the Website to warn them about a seller, products or listing. However, you are entitled to provide feedback and/or reviews/ ratings for sellers as per the feedback facilities provided on the Website. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of any interactive areas of our Website. You acknowledge that any of the user- generated content posted or transmitted through our Website represents the views of the author, and not of askjolt.com. You also acknowledge that your use of or reliance on such content is at your own risk. By using or posting messages or data or any other information on such forums, blogs, and other public locations, You expressly agree that You and only You, are responsible for all the matters contained in such content. You further, represent and warrant to us that You have all the necessary rights to post such messages or information or content and grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, distribute, display, modify, amend, perform, etc of such content or information to promote, modify or redistribute this Website, including preparation of any derivative works thereof, in any form and through any medium without any restrictions thereof. You expressly agree that all the rights granted under this paragraph will also be available to each and every user of this Website.
When publishing anything to our site or using any social media tools or interactive features, You agree that You will not post or transmit:
• Any copyrighted material unless You own or control the copyright in and to such material;
• Any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, tortuous, abusive, vulgar, hateful, racist, bigoted, sexist, harassing, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of a person's privacy or is otherwise objectionable or in violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
• Any Material that violates or infringes the rights of any other party, including, without limitation, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights;
• Any profanity in subject lines, messages, or signatures;
• Any material containing viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other disruptive or harmful component;
• Any material that breaches another's privacy, i.e. containing phone numbers, addresses, or other personal information;
• Any spam, including, but not limited to junk emails, chain letters, unsolicited bulk email or duplicative messages, excessive cross-postings, and material that is unrelated to the forum in which it is posted;
• Any material that contains advertisements or commercial solicitations; or
• Any material discussing illegal activities or linking to Websites that deals with such activities
You shall use the feedback and review mechanism to communicate your fair opinion and facts in respect of any User or the Website or your experience whilst using the Website, known to you from first-hand experience only.
Registration Details and Personal Information
It is the sole responsibility of the user to maintain the confidentiality of the Account Details, Account ID and Password received by the user upon registration on the website.
You Agree to
• Provide all details to Askjolt for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods;
• Provide true, accurate, current and complete information in all respects; and that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered
You can edit your Account Details by going to the "My account" section and adding or removing your personal information from your account.You agree to notify Askjolt immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in its sole discretion.
If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Marine help desk Site, or Marine help desk Service, then we use the information provided by you to operate, maintain, and offer to you the features and functionality of the Marine help desk Site and Marine help desk Service. Specifically, the information required for communication; your mobile phone number and mail id is essential to your use of the Marine help desk Service and will be retained.
• After selecting the desired course/s the Customer will not have the option to change the location of the course/s opted for
• In case the Customer makes the part payment for availing any service/s then it is the sole liability of the Customer to make full payment to the MTI within the time limit set forth by the Company
• Credit Note shall be valid for a period of one year from the date of booking of the Course/s
• The customer is responsible for the preferences made at the time of selection of Course/s. Any course/s wrongly opted for by the Customer will be liable for cancellation as per the cancellation policy either of the Service Provider or the Company cancellation policy
• Any document/s required for the course/s are to be presented before the commencement of the class
• At the time of booking the course/s Customer should provide their valid INDoS No. (Indian National Database of Seafarers Number), Passport No., and CDC No. (Continuous Discharge Certificate Number)
• The Course Fees is to be paid on or before the 10th day of the month in which the Course/s is scheduled to be commenced
The Customer is subjected to criminal actions if any kind of misconduct or abuse is observed on the part of the Customer
Orders will be brought about by acceptance of Your order by the Askjolt. We may withdraw from the contract to the exclusion of any damage claims within a period of seven days after acceptance of the order.
Askjolt shall deliver you the products as per the terms and conditions enumerated below –
• The address at which delivery of the product ordered by you are to be made should be correct and proper in all respects;
• An approximate delivery time schedule shall be made available to you after you place an order on our website;
• Any and all orders placed by you on this Site are a firm commitment to purchase and you are obligated to complete the transaction and not contest it in any way;
• We shall make a maximum of 2 attempts to deliver you the product/s ordered by you on our website, after which Askjolt will have the option of canceling the order and notify you about the same;
• We will deliver the products within and/or outside India;
• We will not be liable for any claims relating to any products ordered from outside India;
• All items purchased from our website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon the delivery to the carrier by the vendor/merchant/affiliate/manufacturer;
• In the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of a mistake by you (i.e. wrong name or address or any other wrong information) any extra cost incurred by Askjolt for redelivery shall be claimed from you;
• In the event of force majeure, labour disputes, government measures as well as business breakdowns without fault which last, or are likely to last, more than one week, current periods for the delivery or the remedying of defects shall be extended by the duration of such prevention, however, not exceeding three weeks plus subsequent delivery period. Such extension shall not apply if the other party is not given immediate notice of the cause of such prevention. Unless such notice is given without delay, You may withdraw from the contract but have to give written notice of such withdrawal at least two weeks prior to the exercise of such withdrawal right
Return and Refund Terms
We understand that from time to time you may wish to return/cancel product/services to us.
We have created this 7 days return/cancellation policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
In the case of cancellation of any Service by the Service Provider, the Company will facilitate in arranging the same with any other Service Provider subject to the availability at the latter end.
We take utmost care and caution while delivering your purchased products you because we want you to love our products and enjoy your shopping experience with us. It is a very unlikely event that you receive a damaged or faulty product but even if you do receive an item which is either faulty, wrongly described or different from the sample shown then we will meet our obligations of providing a replacement product, provided the item is returned within a reasonable time with proof of purchase.
In the case of damaged please contact us within 48 hours of receipt of such product and initiate the return procedure with the help of our customer care team.
• we receive the returned product within 15 days following the date of receipt of the product;
• the returned product is unused, in its original unopened packaging (with any seal or shrink-wrap intact) and otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new;
• the returned items must be unworn, unwashed, or otherwise unused with original tags/labels attached;
• you must provide a printed copy of the receipt or invoice for the purchased item (this is emailed to you as confirmation of your purchase);
• you must provide identification matching the name and shipping address on the packing slip or invoice
In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, you must initiate a proper return request with the help of our customer care team. Kindly note You will be responsible for paying postage costs associated with returns.
Where you return a product in contravention of this policy (and where you do not have any other legal right to return the product):
• we will not refund or exchange the product;
• we may retain the returned product until you pay to us such additional amount as we may charge for re-delivery of the returned product; and
• if we do not receive payment of such additional amount within 14 days of issuing a request for payment, we may destroy or otherwise dispose of the returned product in our sole discretion without any liability to you
We will send you a refund for the full price of any product properly returned by you in accordance with the terms of this returns policy (excluding the costs of returning the product to us).
We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. Purchases will only be refunded or exchanged for the amount stated on the invoice less any discounts/offers applied.
We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any event, within 14 days of the day we received your returned product and if the same meets our conditions.
You understand that the Company may send You communication, notices or alerts from time to time. These alerts and communication will be sent automatically by the Company to You. Please be informed that you have agreed to receive SMS communication from us that is transactional, informational and promotional in nature. In case You have suppressed the receipt or disabled or marked alerts or communication, in general, to be junked, the Company recommends you to revise the same and activate the receipt of alerts to Your proper destination. As such any communication from our end will be related to the Services and offers and not any spam emails.
You acknowledge and agree that this Website and any necessary software used in connection with the Website contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that any content or software on this Website, including text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including HTML-based computer programs) and other material is protected by national and international laws relating to copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights. Except as expressly authorized by the Company You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on this Website, the Services offered thereto or any software thereto, in whole or in part.
You acknowledge that the entire Website and its contents including the software is owned or duly licensed to the Company and are protected by the Copyright laws in India and under international treaty provisions. All trademarks, service marks, and logos used and displayed on this Website are registered to and/or owned by their respective owners. Nothing on this Company Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on the Website, without the prior written consent and permission of the Company or the respective owners.
You may download or print a copy of information provided on this Website for Your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from this Website in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly and explicitly prohibited without our prior written consent.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, from and against all loss, damages, claims and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, in whole or in part arising out of or attributable to any breach of this Agreement by You, any misrepresentation or misuse of the Service offered to You or any negligent or unreasonable or inappropriate use of the Website or the Services.
The Company controls and operates this Website/s from India, and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If You use this Website/s from other locations, You are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Delhi, India and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the local domestic laws of India (without regard to conflict of law principles). All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in Delhi, India. All disputes that may arise shall be resolved in accordance with rules specified under the Indian Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and venue for arbitration shall be Delhi. The courts in Delhi shall have the sole jurisdiction regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
IF YOU RELY ON THIS WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT, OR SERVICE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, INACCURACIES, AND/OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES PUBLISHED ON OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." ASKJOLT.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE (OR ANY INFORMATION, GOODS, OR SERVICES THAT ARE REFERRED TO, ADVERTISED OR PROMOTED ON, OR SOLD THROUGH THIS WEBSITE). NOR DO WE OR THEY GUARANTEE THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ASKJOLT.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR JUDGMENTS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY CONTENT POSTED TO THIS WEBSITE BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ASKJOLT.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE LINKED TO OR FROM OR ADVERTISED OR PROMOTED ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, AND LOSS OF DATA), EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF ASKJOLT.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, AND LICENSORS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THIS WEBSITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID, IF ANY, FOR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OUT OF WHICH SUCH LIABILITY ALLEGEDLY ARISES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY THREATENING, DEFAMATORY, OBSCENE, OFFENSIVE, TORTIOUS, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT BY YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY OR ANY INFRINGEMENT OF YOUR OR ANOTHER'S RIGHTS ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE.